Accessibility at Bournemouth International Centre and Bournemouth Pavilion
We want to offer everyone the opportunity to enjoy the best experience with us at Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth Pavilion Theatre and Portsmouth Pyramids, so we’ve made every effort to ensure our shows and bars, cafés and other facilities cater for all:
- Disabled access parking spaces in adjacent car parks with level or ramped access into the venues
- Automatic entry doors – push button or infrared
- Accessible toilets equipped with alarms
- Bournemouth International Centre and Pavilion Theatre both offer a Sennheiser Infrared Amplification System for people with hearing impairments
- Guide Dogs and Assistance Dogs are welcome in all of our venues and water is available upon request
Accessibility at Portsmouth Pyramids
- All function rooms provide access ramps for wheelchair users.
- Accessible toilets equipped with alarms are available in public areas and off of the function rooms.
Customers attending conferences and exhibitions may bring guide and assistance dogs into the venue.
If you have specific seating requirements, please ask a member of our ticketing team for advice. You can contact them for more information on 0844 576 3000† or email email@example.com.
Customers who require a Personal Assistant with them at all times and would be unable to attend an event without this person would qualify for a free Personal Assistant ticket at the Bournemouth International Centre, Bournemouth Pavilion and Portsmouth Pyramids (subject to availability). Customers must join the Access Scheme to book Personal Assistant tickets.
More specific information on accessibility is available from the BIC and Pavilion Theatre websites.
Customers with special seating or access requirements can join our Experience Card Access Scheme, which enables us to provide the best possible service and seats for customers with accessibility needs. It's free to join and we provide members with a personal service to tell them what's coming up, as well as information about concessionary tickets. It also allows members to book accessible seats and wheelchair spaces online, by phone, or in person. The scheme also offers further offers and discounts across our leisure centres as long as they are eligible for certain benefits.
- If you are in receipt of Lower rate DLA (care and/or mobility components) or are partially sighted you may be entitled to book accessible tickets (where available).
- If you are in receipt of PIP/Attendance Allowance or Middle/Higher rate DLA (care and/or mobility components) you may be entitled to a complimentary personal assistant ticket (where available).
Sign up for your free Experience Card online or in person at one of our venues or centres (you will need your photo taken if using a BH Live Active centre) – check our Contact Us page for location information. When you apply, please select the reason why you are eligible for the Access Scheme and bring the relevant form of ID and proof of eligibility with you when visiting the centre of your choice – original documents are required. If you have a CredAbility Access card (formerly called "Nimbus" card) then you do not need to pre-register - just show your card when you visit one of our venues and we will sign you up then and there.
Once your details and photograph have been taken and your eligibility checked, you will be issued with your Experience Card. Membership to the Access Scheme is valid for at least one year after which it can be renewed providing the eligibility criteria are met.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
† Calls to 0844 576 3000 are charged at 7p per minute plus your phone company's access charge